Holland’s largest and impressively designed shopping mall, work in progress with mbX.
In 2017 mbX was asked to partner as a concrete specialist, to work on the realization of Holland’s largest and impressively designed shopping mall: Mall of the Netherlands in Leidschendam. Part of the project was to create a mock-up of the facade, and its folding awning, first. This was set up at Concrete Valley and enabled the contractor to test if all curved elements met aesthetic and technical requirements. The Mall of the Netherlands is being worked on as we speak, and is scheduled to be completed in 2020.
Mall of the Netherlands
• High aesthetic and technical requirements
• Re-usable flexible moulds
• Uniquely thin (4 cm) and lightweight concrete
• 3D engineering & innovative milling techniques
• White titanium oxide concrete mix, especially designed for this project
• 10.000 m2 of prefab concrete elements
- Unibail Rodamco Westfield
- MVSA Roberto Meyer, Charlotte Griffioen, Mark Ohm
- Facade Contractor: