6500M² of high aesthetic standards and structural requirements, realized by mbx.
In 2017 mbX was asked to partner as a concrete specialist, working on the realization of another stunning project: Farringdon Station in London, UK. The project is challenging and complex, partly because of the high aesthetic requirements, but also due to the high public safety requirements. To meet both, mbX designed a special concrete mix (that was successfully bomb-blast tested) and unique single and double curved moulds to produce the desired elements. The panels were nominated for a Quality Award by Crossrail.
- A mix of concrete ceiling and facade panels
- Extremely high aesthetic, structural an safety requirements
- manufactured to extremely tight tolerances (3 mm)
- Unique concrete aggregate added for a visible effect
- Smart, efficient and controlled manufacturing
- 6500m² prefab concrete elements
- Bouwcombinatie BFK, BAM, Ferrovial, Kier
- Facade Contractor:
- Sorba Projects B.V.